Book Review: Read the book by Albert Mohler The Conviction to Lead and write a 6-page review. This is not simply a summary of the book, but a review of the content. The Book Review must adhere to current Turabian format.
Details: To complete the Book Review, write the review using the following structure:
Introduction (half-page maximum)
- This must be a single but strong paragraph that reveals what you intend to show the reader. This is your “thesis statement.”
- Include a brief review of background data about the book, author, and the topic of the book.
Summary (1–2 pages: no more than 20% of your review)
- Do not state what every single chapter is about; instead, capture the main idea(s) of the book along with the underlining subtopics and themes.
- Briefly overview what the book is about as well as the issues, themes, and solutions the author presents.
- Identify the main thrust of the book and differentiate between the central and peripheral ideas.
Critical Interaction with the Book (2–4 pages: around 70% of your review)
- Do not discuss your agreement or disagreement with the author’s perspective. Instead, try to recognize what the author’s points are and what theological issues are prevalent.
- Document your assessment of the text. If you make a judgment of the author’s opinion, give an example along with a footnote to designate where this can be observed.
- Where is the author coming from? What is his goal?
- Does the author prove his point? Why or why not? How?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the author’s arguments?
Conclusion (half-page maximum)
- Bring together all your interactions with the book and wrap up your review by conveying how well you think the author achieved his/her goals and to what degree his purpose was achieved.
- In what ways does the book make you think?
- With what questions does the author leave you?
Last Updated on February 9, 2018 by EssayPro