Consider your Feedback chapter 17, and reflect on what you learned about providing feedback to others. and Discuss the meaning of the quote, “Many receive advice; only the wise profit from it,” using communication concepts we learned thus far in this class. Make sure your response offer a detailed examination of communication strategies, and considers opposing perspectives.
NOTE: Remember that your discussion response must include the following:
1. A reflection on the concept we are discussing. Give us a summary of things you learned about this concept from your assigned chapter readings.
2. A thorough example/discussion to support your reflection.
3. A final statement that tells us what you take away from this week’s lesson.
4. Properly formatted in-text citations and references.
5. Strong grammar, spelling, and mechanics.
6. In total your discussion should be at least 275 words.
When responding to your peers, be sure to connect on both personal and theoretical level by reacting to what was said, supporting your reactions with scholarly sources (e.g., your textbook), and identifying potential additional concepts or communication strategies to consider. End your responses with open-ended questions to extend conversations.
Reading material: Chapter 17: Coaching and Providing Feedback for Improved Performance
Textbook:Interpersonal Skills in Organizations
Author: Suzanne C. De Janasz; Karen O. Dowd; Beth Z. Schneider
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
Last Updated on January 29, 2018 by Essay Pro