Learning Outcomes and Assessment Feedback
|Module Code & Title||EDIBM/103||Strategic Change Management|
|Module Learning Outcomes|
|LO1||Critically review and analyse the importance of HRM and its practices in an organisation, and how it can be linked with organisational behaviour activities in overcoming business issues and challenges for a better performance of the organisation.|
|LO2||Critically review and analyse the framework of leadership and consider the nature, strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches: traits; functional; behavioural; style; contingency. The continuum of leadership behaviour should be explored in some depth with consideration of the factors determining the chosen leadership style.|
|LO3||Discuss the concept of organisational behaviour and its interface with management. Review and critically synthesize the various influences on behaviour in organisations and the interface with management in integrating and balancing these.|
|LO4||Asses the role of IHRM and its impact on global organisation. Identify some of the key HRM challenges facing organisations working internationally. Discuss the prevalent HRM practices and integrating the best practices in global organisation.|
|Assessment types||Marks||Marks Achieved|
|Video Case Analysis||30|
|Pre-departure Training Report||20|
|HR Practices at Mazda and Chrysler||20|
|Global Staffing Policies||30|
The following grading criteria will be applicable for the course, Executive Diploma in International Business Management:
|70 to 100||A – Distinction|
|60 to 69||B – Merit|
|50 to 59||Pass|
|40 to 49||Fail with Resit|
|0 to 39||Fail with Retake|
(Please read the instructions carefully)
- Complete the title page with all necessary student details and ensure that the signature of the student is marked in the declaration form.
- All assignments must be submitted as an electronic document in MS Word to the LMS (Use 12 Times New Roman script).
- Assignment that is not submitted to the LMS by the prescribed deadline will be accepted ONLY under the REDO and RESIT submission policy of Westford.
- The results are declared only if the student has met the mandatory attendance requirement of 75% and/or a minimum of 50% under extenuating circumstances approved and ratified by the Academic Director.
- The assignment should not contain any contents including references cited from websites like ukessays.com, www.studymode.com, www.slideshare.net , www.scribd.com.
- Students can refer Wikipedia as a source of information, but the references cited in Wikipedia has to be mentioned.
- Submit the assignment in a MS Word document with the file name being:
First Name Last Name_ abbreviation of the subject.
Example: John Smith_IHRM.
Quick reference Checklist for the Faculty/Instructor to accept/reject the assignment before evaluation:
- Adherence to the deadline of submission date.
- Original cover sheet and format retained.
- Student information and signature intact.
- Font style and size used as instructed.
- Harvard Referencing System and Citations are strictly followed.
Assignment Task 1: Video Case Analysis [30 Marks]
Review the following YouTube Links on Google and Zappos, and answer the following questions:
Assignment Task 2: [20 Marks]
You are assigned to design a pre-departure training program for a British family moving to UAE. Discuss the program in detail.
Scenario: A British couple with two school going children is taking up an expat assignment in UAE in February 2016. The husband has been offered a three year senior management assignment with Zayed University in Abudhabi. His wife is an experienced music teacher. Their two children, one boy and the other a girl, are aged 11 and 6 respectively.
Assignment Task 3: [20 Marks]
American Versus Japanese Human Resource Management Practices:
Scenario: Mazda and Chrysler faced similar threat of bankruptcy in early 1980s. Mazda’s managers agreed to a 25% salary cut and a loss of bonuses for four years. Chrysler, in contrast, cut its blue-collar workforce by 28%, its white-collar staff by 7% and its senior executives pay by 2%.
Assignment Task 4: [30 Marks]
Global Staffing Policies: