Directions: You are asked to answer TWO of the following five essay questions. Your writing should be topic and text dependent to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in reading assessment and intervention. The length of each essay is no less than 500 words exclusive of title page. APA style is required.
- Why do students who do not read seem to have problems developing rich language?
- In what way do emotional factors such as emotional blocks, hostile-aggressive behavior, learned helplessness, or low self-esteem affect students with reading problems?
- Discuss how a child’s language could affect a reading problem.
- Provide four reasons why expository text is difficult for students with reading problems.
- Describe two strategies for helping poor readers process multi-syllabic words.