Week 5: Writing for your Discipline
For this week’s assignment you will need to locate three sources on a topic of your choice and write a 3-page paper, double-spaced. The goal of this assignment is to demonstrate your ability to:
- synthesize information from multiple sources
- locate peer-reviewed resources using the library databaseshttps://lib.fit.edu/
- put together a well-organized and edited paper
- properly cite sources in APA format
- write for your discipline using formal language
For this paper you should include two journal articles from peer-reviewed sources from https://lib.fit.edu/ and one electronic source. Remember the exercises we did in Week 1 and apply this knowledge when choosing an electronic source (credible and reliable).
Be Sure to:
- Start each paragraph with a sentence or phrase that informs the reader of the topic.
- Clearly indicate which material comes from which source. Use lead-in phrases (According to Smith (2004)….) and in-text citations.
- Show similarities and/or differences between the different sources in ways that make the paper as informative as possible.
- Represent texts fairly.Remember, just because you are restating information in your own words, does not mean you are in anyway changing what the source says.
Last Updated on February 10, 2019 by Essay Pro