Homework Assignment: Student Engagement Reflection
You will look for a few organizations on SB Engaged/Corq and get in touch with at least one of them.
Additionally, you ought to get in touch with at least one more business that is beyond your comfort zone but that you are interested in. Think about the following questions as you write a two-paragraph comment on your experience:
Why did you choose these options for participation? What challenges you about the involvement potential outside of your comfort zone? What are some strategies you are aware of that can aid in creating relationships and a feeling of community here? If there is anything that would stop you from engaging in any of the aforementioned activities, what would it be, and how would you plan to overcome it?
Homework Assignment 2: Letter to Self
For this assignment, you are asked to write a letter to yourself.
You will be the only person reading the letter, so be honest! In the letter, include the following:
- How are you feeling about Stony Brook and college right now? What does it mean for you to be in college?
- Thinking about this semester, what are you most excited about? What are you most concerned about?
- What things will come “easy” to you this semester and what kinds of challenges do you think you will have?
- What values/beliefs do you have that you think might be supported or challenged now that you’re in college?
- What goals do you have for the semester? Year? Senior year?
Homework Assignment 1: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Reflection
Please write a reflection responding to at least three of the following questions:
- What emotions came up for you during this lesson?
- How have your perceptions evolved?
- What three identities are most salient (important) to you? Why?
- How have each of your social identities have influenced your experiences, who you are, and how you see yourself?
- What are the advantages or benefits that you have experienced as a result of each of your social identities?
- What are the disadvantages or costs that you have experienced as a result of each of your social identities?
- What action steps will you take or are you reflecting about after this lesson?