Write a 5 – 6 page ( 1250 4500 words) paper on the following topic.
Support your information using peer-reviewed or scholarly journals.
Follow APA format and write as a Microsoft Word document.
Click on this link to the 016 Report: https://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-06-09-00090.pdf
After reviewing this report, discuss the following questions:
– How does the report define errors, adverse events and preventable adverse events?
– What is the function of the NCC MERP?
– How are adverse events determined?
– What percentage of adverse events has been identified as preventable?
– In what ways can adverse events be reduced?
– Summarize the recommendations of the study.
– How does the principle of learning from errors as a way to improve healthcare quality and patient safety?
Last Updated on February 9, 2018 by EssayPro