The Wheatstone Bridge
- What is a Wheatstone Bridge?
- What are some applications of the Wheatstone bridge?
- What does a galvanometer do?
- What specialized component will help you determine the unknown resistance?
You are asked to design, build and test a bridge circuit that can measure an unknown resistance.
Please include your LTSpice circuit, IR Graph, variable resistor value, and any values used to find your unknown resistance value.
You are asked to design, build and test a circuit that can compare an unknown resistance with a known resistance. Use a galvanometer to help balance the bridge.
Include variable resistance value and any other voltages used to find your unknown resistance.
Please explain where you put your galvanometer in the circuit and why you put it there. Please explain which is better, galvanometer or multimeter?
Lab Report Format
- Objective: In one or two well developed sentences describe the desired learning outcomes obtained from the laboratory exercise..
- Warm – up Questions: Please provide your answers to the warm – up questions here..
- Procedure /Calculations : This section should give a brief overview of the theory implemented and tested and the necessary steps/calculations used to complete the laboratory exercise.. Please show the calculations only including the formulas employed and the results obtained with appropriate units..
- Final Readings: The final readings observed in lab should be given in a table with the appropriate units..
- Conclusion: The conclusion should describe main conclusions/realizations drawn from the laboratory exercise.. This section should also describe possible reason(s) for difference in values obtained in the lab from the theoretical values.. Also,, a connection should be made about how the techniques,, equipment used,, or theories learned could be useful in real life application..
- Circuit Diagrams:: Any circuit used in the laboratory should be included in this section.. Use LTSpice or other appropriate software and each circuit should be labeled appropriately (This should include all component values used,, all voltage source values used,, and should have a corresponding label saying what circuit is represented)).. No hand drawn circuits will be accepted..
- Graphs and Waveforms:: If the lab experiment includes graphs or waveforms,, these should be included under this section.. Each Graph or Waveform should be appropriately labeled..
Last Updated on