WDSC 100 Assignment 4 (possible 25 points)
Concisely answer the following questions from the Forest Resources in US History text, Chapter 10 – 12
- The text describes General Ulysses S. Grant as a master of transportation, communication, and supply; name two (2) new technologies the North employed under his command, and how were they used?
- When was Gettysburg battlefield taken into Federal ownership? Which government organization initially administered the battlefield? Who administers it now?
- Briefly describe each of the following:
- Monroe Doctrine –
- The Preemption Act of 1841 –
- The Homestead Act of 1862 –
- Forest Reserve Act of 1891 –
- What year were the following established:
- Yellowstone –
- National Park Service –
- the West Virginia Agricultural College –
Last Updated on