For the Unit VIII Case Study, you will focus on terrorism and terrorism prevention in your community. Start by conducting research around your community/location for examples of mitigation and prevention against terrorism.
When looking for terrorism in your community, consider examples such as an active shooter threat or actual occurrence or a bomb threat or occurrence.
For example, if you are in the Boston area, consider the Boston Marathon bombing, prevention methods used in museums, metal detectors, etc. If you are not in an area where terrorism is a concern, research an area that is, and use online images.
Take photographs of what you find so that you can show your professor what your area has done to address the issue of terrorism. If you are unable to find prevention methods in your community, you may use a nearby community or research one.
Using what you learned about your community and what you learned about past disasters from this course, write a case study, a minimum of four pages in length, that addresses the following points.
- Explain what has been done with regard to mitigation, recovery, and/or response efforts within your community or the community you researched. Mitigation examples include security, cameras, and metal detectors.
- Explain who conducted these efforts and the vulnerabilities they faced in their community, and include the role these individuals or groups play with mitigating, responding, and/or recovering from the risk.
- Research at least one major disaster that resulted due to terrorism. Explain the mitigation and recovery efforts.
- What can your community, or the community you researched, learn from past disasters?
- Consider the types of communication that would need to be used in the event of a terror attack. Discuss the organizations that would be involved, the forms of media that would be used, and the types of communication that would need to be provided to the public.
Your paper should be a minimum of four pages in length not counting the title and reference pages. You are required to use a minimum of three outside sources as part of your case study. One outside source must be from the CSU Online Library. All sources, including the textbook, must be cited and referenced according to APA guidelines.
Additionally, include at least four visual aids/images that support your content (one 4-by-4 inch image per page maximum). Please incorporate those into your paper in APA format.