The Art of Peace and Relaxation Workbook.Use these 3 exercises from the list below. Complete each of the 3 exercises.
- A – The Art of Calm: Relaxation Through the Five Senses p. 232
- 1 – Dolphin Breath Meditation
- 1 – Progressive Muscular Relaxation
After you completing the three exercises, analyze the effectiveness of each one of the three exercises as they relate to you by addressing the following prompts:
- What motivated you to choose these three over the other choices offered
- Describe your experiences with the three exercises (feelings, what was it like to do the exercise, what did you learn, how will you use it, etc)?
- Now — make connections back to the stressors you have be working on this semester: Looking back at Learning Activity 1 and your PSMJ entries, which personal stressor(s) would each of these exercises be most effective in reducing? Why? Finally, describe how the exercises are/are not useful for you.
This is part of the essay that she is talking about making a connection with my stressor on my learning activity one
(In my case, stress has become part of my life for the last few years now. At my age, (44) trying to manage my time between school, job, and my family, stress sometimes leads me to anxiety or depression, making it hard for me to focus on my daily responsibilities. Some of the most common stressors that I encounter in my life right now are financial stability, job, and overload of college.)
For part 2, consider what specific groups or people might benefit from each of the three exercises you chose. Although these exercises might benefit most people in general, you need to think more deeply about exactly who might really benefit, how they would benefit, and why.
- For the second part of Learning Activity 3 you will use the same three exercises as you did in the first part. Except, now you will be analyzing each exercise in terms of effectiveness for a specific group of people. (For example, a specific group/population would be: First-generation college students attending TWU) .
- Discuss what ¨specificpopulation(s)/group(s) of people you believe would particularly benefit from each exercise. Why would this group benefit and How would they benefit? What is it about the each exercise makes it a good choice for the population/group? How do you know this? What more do you need to know about this in order to be sure about your beliefs? Support your beliefs with a well reasoned and detailed rationale.