PH44000 Literature Review Scavenger Hunt Group 1 Statements
- The fastest growing racial/ethnic sub-group in the United States is _____ (citation).
- The highest poverty rates in the US are experienced by the racial/ethnic sub-group of _____ (citation).
- The prevalence of type 2 diabetes in the overall US population is _____ % (citation), compared to _____ % in American Indians/Alaska Natives (citation).
- The prevalence of major depression in the overall population in the US in the year ____ is estimated to be _____ % (citation), with the racial/ethnic group of __________ having the highest prevalence of _____ % (citation).
- The rates of breast cancer screening for white American women in the US is ____ % (citation), compared to ____ % of Black American women (citation).
- The mortality rate from breast cancer for white American women in the US is ____ per 100,000 (citation), compared to ____ per 100,000 for Black American women (citation).
- The prevalence of asthma among all children in the US is ___ % (citation), compared to a prevalence of ____ % for children in poverty (citation).
- The rate of completed suicide for the overall population is _____ per 100,000 (citation), compared to a rate of _____ per 100,000 for veterans of the US military (citation).
- About ____ % of the overall US population has a regular primary care provider (citation), compared to ____ % of individuals living in rural areas (citation).
- The prevalence of type 2 diabetes in the overall US population is _____ % (citation), compared to _____ % in individuals with disabilities (citation).
Scavenger Hunt, BA 3129, Research Methods
This is to help you find, organize, and understand data and how to find and use it.
- Go to the OECD website and then to data, find the most recent business confidence index (BCI) copy the graph and in less than 50 words tell me how business is doing … the table is very helpful to (don’t forget to title and reference properly) (5marks)
- Dewey defeats Truman … 1948 … what happened in 100 words or less and tell me how statistics sampling may have been negatively involved. (don’t forget to reference properly) (5 marks)
- Halifax has a population of 414,129 and you what to conduct a survey to see whether or not to retain the present number of city supported ice surfaces. What would your sample size have to be to obtain a 99% confidence level and a confidence interval of 5? (5 marks)
- Go to the New Brunswick Archives on Douglas Ave, your mission is to look at what businesses where register in the city in 1874/75. Shipping and the port where very important and one of the major players was George Thomas, what did his company do. Look for the George Thomas ad in McAlpine’s Saint John City Directory for the above years. Careful the directory is very old … (5 marks) feel free to take a photo …