Reflective reaction paper
Reaction statements should be at least 1000 words in length (single spaced, 10-12 pt. Times New Roman font) and should be in response to the assigned readings ( I have attached the reading “Scientific School Management: Testing Immigrants and Experts by Spring” and “Gorski: Ch. #5” in the additional materials) that includes at least two critical questions for discussion.
When creating your Reaction statement, approximately 500+ words should be a summary of at least 2 of the assigned resources and the other 500+ words should be your thoughtful, scholarly reaction to the readings/content. Your reaction may include but is not limited to areas of agreement/disagreement, affirmation (or you can offer a counter argument with outside academic resource support), or other influences/connections.
Your reaction statements should represent critical reflective thought.
Your Reaction statements should look like this;
You may want to consider one or two of the following guiding questions when preparing your reaction statement:
- What biases does the author have? Are these biases stated or implied?
- From what theoretical perspective does the author work?
- What biases did you bring to the reading?
- How was your learning enhanced or hindered when you read from your own perspective formed by your collective life experiences and theoretical understandings?
- How did this reading and analysis challenge, extend, and/or align with your notions of how the world works?
- Are there silent/missing ideas, concepts, or themes in this reading? How do you account for these gaps?
- What new questions have you raised as a result of your reading and analysis?
Please make sure the language usage is scholarly and thoughtful.