First assignment – APA REFERENCE – 300 words
1) Zara is the main chain of the apparel retailer Inditex Group, developed in the 1990’s, and is a quick operations system that enabled its fast global expansion. This system introduced the concept of Fast Fashion and revolutionized the sector.
Read the article Zara’s Fast Fashion Edge *** Berfield, S. & Baigorri, M. (2013). Zara’s Fashion Edge. Retrieved from: https://bambooinnovator.com/2013/11/20/zaras-fast-fashion-edge/#more-33581****and answer the following questions:
- Based on Zara’s outsourcing strategy and physical distribution scheme described in the article, what do you think are challenges that the company will face to sustain its growth?
- Briefly describe a strategy to address the most compelling challenge facing the organization.
Berfield, S. & Baigorri, M. (2013). Zara’s Fashion Edge. Retrieved from: https://bambooinnovator.com/2013/11/20/zaras-fast-fashion-edge/#more-33581
Second assignment – APA REFERENCE 300 words
2) Case Study: The supplier selection process is a critical activity within the operations of a company. Once the outsourcing decision is taken, a process aimed at analyzing and choosing the appropriate suppliers begins.
Suppose that you are a Procurement Analyst in a large company. You have been asked to create a proposal to the Chief Procurement Officer identifying the best supplier to outsource, for a 3-year period, a complex part of your company’s value chain. Your company operates in a mature market where the qualifying and winning factors are quality and time to customer respectively.
Based on the information included in the table, address the following questions:
- What supplier would you select?
- What is your rationale for your election?
- What supplier would you select if your company’s factors changed to price and quality? Would your election change?
Supplier Price Quality Delivery Others A 90 90 95 Overseas supplier
(transport lead time 3 weeks)
B 105 100 100 Supplier facing financial issues C 85 85 95 Proximity supplier
(transport lead time 3 hours)
*Figures are expressed in % as follows:
- Price: price quoted by supplier vs. outsourcing company target price
- Quality: parts accepted vs. parts delivered
- Delivery: parts delivered on time vs. parts delivered
Provide a 1 page paper proposal, as the Procurement Analyst, that outlines the issues of the case, states your choice of supplier and provides a rationale for your choice.
Before you begin writing, please see the General Guidelines for Case Studies ****view attached **** and review the assessment criteria below.
Papers will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Description of the Case and Identification/Coverage of Major Issues
- Depth and Scope of Analysis
- Solutions and Strategies
- Writing Clarity and Quality
- APA formatting
Last Updated on