For this week’s assignment, read your selected articles and write an annotated bibliography for the 7 most pertinent articles on your chosen topic. The annotated bibliography looks at each research article individually and addresses the following:
- Restate your PICO question
- List the reference using correct APA formatting
- Summarize (1 paragraph). Use this as an opportunity to practice citing using APA guidelines (citing required).
- Reflect (1 paragraph). Note why you have chosen to include this article and what information it provides related to your topic.
The time and effort you put into this assignment will offer commensurate rewards in terms of helping you stay organized while working with your many articles. A well-done bibliography can be very helpful in helping you recall what each of your articles say and in providing a means of relating the articles to each other.
Use Times New Roman 12-point font, double space, and assure 1” margins. Include a running head with your last name and assignment name (ex., budash bibliography) as well as page numbers. Be sure to study the grading rubric with these assignment specifications so you are clear on the expectations of this assignment.
Annotated Bibliography Grading Rubric
|Annotated Bibliography Grading Rubric|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAppropriateness of Articles to PICO||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeQuality||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeFormatting/Grammar||
|Total Points: 25.0|
Memos from the teacher
Good Morning Class,
I have completed the review of your reference lists and posted grades. Overall, you as a class did really well, I think maybe my best group on this asignment for quite some time. TY for your attention to detail with the tedious intricacies of APA. Your dligence made my work easier. I have just a couple quick ideas to share with you today:
- In case you noticed, your Veracite scores for this assignment were all high… and we would expect that as your references will have to be similar to source content. So high scores were on no concern to me on this assignment, FYI.
- Once you have formatted your references properly, feel free to cut and paste into upcoming assignments. Sometimes it is good to retype each time- the repetition helps with learning, but cut and pastes work as we move formawrd for our purposes, once you have your formatting perfect!
- I did NOT comment on every incidence of formatting error in the week 4 assignments–I reviewed everyhting but did not type the same comments over and over… also just FYI.
The annotated bib assignment is the next writing assignment. An annotated bib can be a very useful tool to keep yourself organized as you embark on a large scholary writing project. The more you read, the more connections you make between ideas in your mind, and the annoted bib helps you locate the source material so you can articularly make those connections in your writing. Taking the time to be organized will save you time as you get deeper into writing projects because sometimes they can feel overwhelming… the annotated bib can help you find your way!
In patients with type 2 diabetes, will a health coachin addition to medication lower significantly hemoglobin A1C levels when compared to medication management only?
P = Patients with type 2 diabetes
I = Impact of a health coach and medication on hemoglobin A1C levels
C = compared to medication management only
O = lowered hemoglobin A1C levels
Thom, D. H., Ghorob, A., Hessler, D., DeVore, D., Chen, E., &Bodenheimer, T. A. (2013).
Impact of Peer Health Coaching on Glycemic Control in Low-Income Patients With Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Ann Fam Med,11(2), 137-144. doi: 10.1370/afm.1443
Cinar, A. B., Oktay, I., &Schou L. (2014). “Smile Healthy to Your Diabetes”: Health Coaching-
based Intervention for Oral Health and Diabetes Management. Clin Oral Invest, 18(7), 1793-1801. doi: 10.1007/s00784-013-1165-2
Sherifali, D., Viscardi, V., Bai, J. W., & Ali, R.M. (2016). Evaluating the Effect of a diabetes
Health Coach in Individuals with type 2 Diabetes. Canadian Journal of Diabetes, 40(1), 84-94.doi: 10.1016/j.jcjd.2015.10.006
Willard-Grace, R., Chen, E. H., Hessler D., DeVore, D., Prado, C., Bodenheimer, T., …Thom,
- H. (2015). Health Coaching by Medical Assistants to Improve Control of Diabetes, Hypertension, and Hyperlipidemia in Low-Income Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial.Annalsof Family Medicine, 13(2), 130-138.doi:10.1370/afm.1768
Safford, M. M., Andreae, S., Cherrington, A. L., Martin, M. Y., Halanych, J., Lewis, M.,
…Richman, J. S. (2015). Peer Coaches to Improve Diabetes Outcomes in Rural Alabama: A Cluster Randomized Trial. Annals of Family Medicine, 3(1), s18-s26. doi: 10.1370/afm.1798
Patil, S. J., Ruppar, T., Koopman, R. J., Lindbloom, E. J., Elliott, S. G., Mehr, D. R.,…Conn, V.
- (2016). Peer Support Interventions for Adults With Diabetes: A Meta-Analysis of Hemoglobin A1C Outcomes. Annuals of Family Medicine,15(6), 540-551.doi: 10.1370/afm.1982
Thom, D. H., Wolf, J., Gardner, H., DeVore, D., Lin, M., Ma, A.,…Saba, G. (2016). A
Qualitative Study of How Health Coaches Support Patients in Making Health-Related Decisions and Behavioral Changes. Annuals of Family Medicine, 14(6), 509-516. doi: 10.1370/afm.1988
Wayne, N., &Ritvo, P. (2014). Smartphone-Enabled Health Coach Intervention for People With
Diabetes From a Modest Socio-Economic Strata Community: Single-Arm Longitudinal Feasibility Study. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 16(6), e149. doi:10.2196/jmir.3180
Cully, J. A., Breland, J. Y., Robertson, S., Utech, A. E., Hundt, N., Kunik, M. E., Petersen, N.
J.,…Aanand, D. (2014). Behavioral Heslth Coaching for Rural veterans With Diabetes and Depression: A Patient Randomized Effectiveness Implementation Trial. BMC Health Services Research, 14, 191. Retrieved fromhttps://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-14-191
Yang, L., Wu, Q., Hao, Y., Cui, Y., Liang, L., Gao, L.,…Yin, H. (2016). Self-Management
Behavior Among Patients With Diabetic Retinopathy in the Community: a Structural Equation Model.Quality of Life Research, 26 (2), 359-366. Retrieved from
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by Essay Pro