Indra Nooyi is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo. In its global food and beverage portfolio, PepsiCo has 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. PepsiCo’s main businesses include Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola. With more than $66 billion in annual net revenue, PepsiCo makes hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Mrs. Nooyi is the chief architect of Performance with Purpose, PepsiCo’s promise to do what is right for the business by doing what is right for people and the planet. It is the company’s commitment to sustained growth with a focus on Performance, Human, Environmental and Talent Sustainability. In keeping with this commitment, PepsiCo is proud to be listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
Mrs. Nooyi was named President and CEO on October 1, 2006 and assumed the role of Chairman on May 2, 2007. She has directed the company’s global strategy for more than a decade and led its restructuring, including the divestiture of its restaurants into the successful YUM! Brands, Inc., the acquisition of Tropicana and the merger with Quaker Oats that brought the vital Quaker and Gatorade businesses to PepsiCo, the merger with PepsiCo’s anchor bottlers, and the acquisition of Wimm-Bill-Dann, the largest international acquisition in PepsiCo’s history.
Go to to read more about the company’s CEO.
Questions for Critical Thinking
1. What type of Leadership style did Indra Nooyi brought to her CEO position at PepsiCo?
2. Discuss the advantages of her leadership styles and what it meant for the company
3. Discuss the impact of being a female CEO in a company. Provide examples.
This assignment provides you with the opportunity to synthesize and apply the concepts learned in this course to analyze a real-world business case. The analytical exercises will improve your understanding and ability to think critically about the importance of diversity management in the workplace.
Your report for solving the case must be at least 300 words with a Citation page, and must include the following headings.
• Overview – Summarizing the case scenario and identifying all the problems, issues, constraints, related to the case.
• Discussion Questions – Answering all the questions.
• Debriefing – Reflecting your thoughts, opinions, and solutions based on the case.