AKIN GUMP/ROBERT STRAUSS LAW SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS.
Law School Scholarships
Akin Gump and Robert Strauss, the firm’s founding partner, are seeking candidates who show brilliance.
The candidates must be able to bring experiences and miscellaneous viewpoints to the firm.
Akin Gump and the firm’s founding partner Robert Strauss have developed the Strauss Scholarship to move this effort forward.
The scholarship program awards $25,000 to two exceptional second year law students. Funds are intended to take care of the students’ third year expenses in their respective law schools.
Moreover, scholarships also give paid 2nd year Summer Associate position in the firm’s offices. The offices are based in New York, Houston, Los Angeles and also in Washington D.C.
In addition to that, scholarships also include mentoring from the firm’s attorneys. This definitely provides personal support and also helps to facilitate students’ academic success.
- Any student applying for this financial aid must be a second year law student in a U.S. School of Law
- The applicants must demonstrate brilliance in their academics
- Furthermore, any law student interested in applying must be able to bring various viewpoints to the firm.
How to apply for Law School Scholarships
Submit the following to be considered for Akin Gump/Robert Strauss Diversity Scholarship.
- Your current resume
- Legal writing sample
- Complete application form
- Law school transcript
- Contacts of 3 professional or academic references
- A 750 words personal statement describing leadership and academic success, and also your dedication to diversity.
Besides that, applicants are considered and accepted on rolling basis. That is, between 2nd July and 28th September.
In case you have any questions regarding the Akin Gump/Robert Strauss Diversity Scholarship, contact firm’s offices below.
firstname.lastname@example.org (Dallas office)
email@example.com (Houston office)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Washington, D.C. office)
email@example.com (Los Angeles office)
firstname.lastname@example.org (New York office)
You can also visit the firm’s website below.