Dr. David Whiston Scholarships Program
The ADA Foundation is keen on improving public’s oral health through scholarships, grants and awards.
It is due to our interest in improving oral health, that we resolved to offer assistance to dentists.
Funds are to support education programs that are related to oral health.
The ADA Foundation Dr. David Whiston Leadership Program is currently accepting applications for scholarships.
How to Apply For Scholarships
You can apply online at ADAF Dr. David Whiston Leadership Award. You can use ADAF Dr. David Whiston Award worksheet to get ready (PDF).
This program offers two $5,000 grants. That is, the Henry Schein Cares Award and the Dr. David Whiston Leadership Award.
Funds are to cover leadership development program by American Management Association. Moreover, any leadership program that is approved by the ADA Foundation is also covered.
When to apply
Any student interested should apply as from the 1st Friday of April.
Eligibility for scholarships
- The candidate must either be a graduate student, a dental student or a local enrolled in a school of dental medicine that is accredited. Besides, they can be early career dentists below the age of 40.
- Students applying for scholarship must have acquired or must be in the process of earning a D.M.D or D.D.S Degree. The degree must be from a dental school that is recognized by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Must be able to display leadership skills, and must have held a position in dentistry.
- Interested students should possess efficient skills in communication and be able to inspire others to achieve the same vision.
- Applicant must be able to take part in activities that promote public’s oral health.
Interested in acquiring awards from the ADA Foundation? You can check below for updates.