Journal Article Critique Paper
Read the following articles:
- “A Nurse’s Guide to the Critical Reading of Research “ [Week 3 Electronic Reserve Reading]
- “Step-by-Step Guide to Critiquing Research, Part 1: Quantitative Research” [Week 3 Electronic Reserve Reading]
Note that these two articles are just for reference/background. You need to choose a different article (see below) to complete the paper.
Select a peer-reviewed journal article about a quantitative research study related to human services management that is also related to the Research Proposal topic selected by your Learning Team. Make sure the article includes information on statistics.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400- word paper critiquing your chosen journal article.
Include the following information in your summary and critique of the journal article:
- A brief summary of what the research is about
- Evaluate the Introduction/Literature Review.
o Comment on the statement of the research problem, question or hypothesis; organization, flow and content of the literature review; and rationale or importance of the study
- Evaluation on the Methodology:
o Comment on the sample size, sampling method, measures/data collection instrument and method used
- Evaluation of the Research Design:
o Is the design appropriate to address the research question?
o Were the independent variable(s) and dependent variable(s) clearly identified?
o Identify the independent variable(s) and dependent variable(s).
- Evaluation of Descriptive Statistics:
o Identify and discuss the descriptive statistics used to describe the data.
o Do you think the methods used to describe the data are appropriate and sufficient? Provide reasons for your response?
- Evaluation of Discussion/Conclusion:
o Are there any limitations identified in the article? If so, discuss how they were addressed.
o Are the any ethical issues identified in the article? If so, discuss how they were addressed.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines; including a title page and a reference page (No abstract is necessary).
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro