Information governance (IG) risk planning and management
For this assignment, you will prepare and 10 min outline with headers on information governance (IG) risk planning and management for a hypothetical situation as follows: you are the COO of a faith-sponsored health care delivery system that is preparing for review audit of your information governance practices in advance of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) review. In a previous audit, CMS had identified that your patient electronic protected health information (ePHI) had no means for data backup, and were being held on a single server in your IT department. This outline will provide an update to CMS regarding your risk approach to this issue.
This outline will be your approach to responding to this situation using the information risk planning and management approach outlined in Smallwood (2014), focusing only on steps 1, 3 and 5. Assume that your organization previously did not utilize any information risk planning or management methods, but has recently/will be adopting them now.
- Read Smallwood (2014), (Chapters 1 through 6).
- Referring to the risk planning and management approach outlined in Chapter 4 (pp.43-51) and the described hypothetical situation description, decide how you as a leader would construct a risk planning and management approach, and defend it to CMS. Focus only on Steps 1, 3 and 5. Since your organization is sponsored by a faith entity, you should also consider Christian ethics and values in your model.
- Prepare a five (10) minute outline.
NEED TO KNOW
- Completeness – did you comply with the deliverable requirements?
- Accuracy – does your outline provide plausible and reasonable application to information risk planning and management? Did you identify the regulatory requirements that pertain to this issue (Step 1)? You will need to investigate the federal regulations that require backups. Did you create a risk profile (Step 3)? Did you outline a risk mitigation plan (Step 5)? Did you integrate faith considerations in your model?
Last Updated on February 1, 2018 by Essay Pro