Clinical Reflection Template
What is a clinical reflection?
Clinical reflection is a descriptive summary of students experience during a clinical rotation.The clinical reflection is not based on your personal feelings or thoughts but reflects knowledge, theory and critical thinking applied during the course of caring for a patient.A clinical reflection help to emphasize theories learned in the classroom/clinical environment and strengthens the critical thinking process of the student.
- APA format
- Cite references if used
- Minimum of 200 words
- Completed by Week 10 Sunday at midnight and turned into your clinical instructor (email)
- Incorporates the questions below
- Attach as a word document
Clinical Reflection Questions/comments:
- Choose one patient and identify the priority problem. What did you contribute toward resolving or easing the problem?
- Give a nursing diagnosis on your patient’s priority problem and explain
- Provide an example of an incident during clinical that reinforced the theory you have learned in class lectures.
- Provide an example of an incident that contradicted the theory you have learned.
- What clinical skills can you improve?
- What were you most proud (i. e. behavior, skill performance, interactions, significant observations)?
- How will you plan your next clinical session based on knowledge acquired during this clinical rotation?