- Your reflection is due by Tuesday, February 14, 2018 @ 1330 (1:30 p.m.)
- Reflections are to be three (3)- up to four (4) pages in length- not including the title page and the reference list.
- Reflection needs to be submitted to Turnitin as a word document.
- Please ensure you submit to the final submission for reflection #1 on Turnitin.
- You do NOTneed to email a Turnitin receipt.
- Scholarly writing and use of APA format is required.
- Please enclose a personal ethics statement on the title page of your reflection.
- You may put the following integrity statement on the title page:
- I have maintained Academic Integrity in my work by adhering to the values of honesty and integrity. I declare that this work respects APA requirements as well as policies within the School of Health Sciences.
- Student Signature: your name electronically is fine here
- Student Number:
- Review the posted rubric for further guidance.
- Only the article by Markland etal is required, although feel free to add additional literature if you wish to your reference list.
Topic for discussion in your reflection
- Please view the following you tube video:
- Utilizing the article by Markland et al, how were the 3 psychological needs of the Self-Determination Theory met (or not met)? Support your answer with the literature.
Article: Markland, D., Ryan, R. M., Tobin, V. J., &Rollnick, S. (2005). Motivational interviewing and self-determination theory. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 24(6), 811-831
- Where do you think the client is in terms of the continuum of autonomy according to the Self-Determination Theory in the article by Markland et al? Support your answer with the literature.