Case Study on the ROI of a Social Media Campaign
This week, you’ll be analyzing how the ROI of your social media P.R. efforts can be calculated – and how your P.R. efforts can be successfully measured.
To complete this assignment, you will write a paper that analyzes just ONE of the following social media campaigns:
1) Barack Obama’s social media campaign for the 2008 (or 2012) Presidential election 2) Samsung’s “Coast to Coast Photo Post” social media campaign in 2011
3) The ALS Association’s Ice Bucket Challenge social media campaign in 2014
4) Red Bull’s Australian #ThisSummer social media campaign in 2015
5) Disney and Make-a-Wish’s #ShareYourEars social media campaign in 2018 6) Nike’s social media campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick in 2018
Your paper must include all of the following:
1) A summary of the social media campaign you selected
2) Identification of the goals of the social media campaign
3) Identification of the tactics and strategies that were used to employ the social media campaign (e.g., which social media platforms were used, whether videos were used, what hashtags were used, what calls to action were used, etc.)
4) Identification of whether any non-social media tools were used to assist the campaign (e.g., television ads, print ads, billboards, etc.)
5) Identification of the measurable outcomes of the social media campaign, including all of the following:
- How was influence measured? What was that measurement? (Ex: increase in thenumber of social media followers from X to Y)
- How was engagement measured? What was that measurement? (Ex: increase inthe number of comments on social media posts by a percentage of X%)
6) A summary of the final result of the social media campaign and whether the campaign had a strong ROI
7) A summary of what you learned in regards to the importance of measuring the ROI of a social media campaign to show the value of your P.R. efforts
– Your paper must be written in APA format, with a cover page, and with your citations listed in APA format.
– You should research your selected topic on EBSCO Host (available through the Full Sail Library) and the internet.
Your paper must be a minimum of 600 words.
Proofread your paper extraordinarily carefully in order to avoid grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors.
1) There will be a 1-point deduction for each type of grammatical/typographical error that appears in your posts.