Subject of the task: Case Study: Logistics & Operations Project
Contextual information: Logistics and Operations Management may be focused on industrial processes ( The Production Process of a Small Bar and Wire Rod Mill @Hyundai Steel – YouTube , Proceso de fabricación de losa alveolar.
Fábrica de hormigón de alta resistencia en Corea – YouTube , Why Building Ski Lifts Is Incredibly Hard – YouTube , ¿Cómo se hacen las bicicletas de fibra de carbono? | LOOK Cycle Factory Tour – YouTube) or on services ( MSC Seaside, Life Onboard One Of The Biggest Cruise Ships A week on MSC Seaside – YouTube , The Business of Ski Resorts – YouTube ).
Select one process and do the following tasks.
Task description: This is an individual task in which the student must choose a specific operations system and brand within a specific industry and analyze it, from a Logistics & Operations Pov.
- Choose a specific operations system and brand within a specific industry.
- Describe all the main processes and activities of this operations system. Identify the nature of these processes and draw a flowchart of these processes indicating all the main activities, processes and resources involved.
- On your criteria where is the bottleneck and propose different measures and actions to take to enhance productivity and the quality of this system. Justify your answer.
- Word count: 1.500 words
- Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded from the total word count.
- Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
- Text alignment: Justified.
- Harvard style in-text citations and bibliography
Submission: – Via Moodle (Turnitin). Deadline: Week 6 – November 12, 23h59
Weight: This task is 40 % of your total grade for this subject.
- It assesses the following learning outcomes: understand the production management within operation management.
- describe operations processes design and their management to contextualize and improve production performance.
- understand production in the global setting.