Analyze the beliefs of Jehovah Witness a specific religious or spiritual group. The focus of this assignment is to learn about believes as they relate to health and health care.
The goal is to research and write a paper that provides evidence-based information on what health professionals need to know about your chosen group (Jehovah Witness) in order to provide spiritually appropriate care to members of this group.
Once you have located and reviewed your sources, please write your paper. Address the following questions.
Each question should constitute one half to one page of your paper.
- Provide a brief description of the spiritual or religious group you chose. Your introduction should include the most current available demographics, e.g. group size and within-group diversity, etc.; any prevalent health issues noted in the literature; and areas of the country/world where members reside.
- Describe the religious beliefs of the group as they relate to health related issues such as birth, death, illness, health, treatment options, etc. Also describe any religious rituals associated with health, healing, or illness practiced by the group. Your job is to describe the beliefs and rituals of this group that health providers should understand and be aware of to ensure spiritually appropriate care.
- Identify at least two potential conflicts that may arise due to differences between group religious beliefs and the beliefs and values of the dominant culture in health settings. Describe any health needs that this group may have that are likely to be unmet by the health profession due to the risk of conflict.
- Choose one of your identified conflicts. Describe one strategy being recommended as a best practice to address this conflict.
- Describe which of the National CLAS Standards support(s) this strategy and how.
The paper will be 3-5 double spaced pages and include the following elements:
- An introductory paragraph that identifies your chosen religious/spiritual group and why this group’s needs are important for health professionals to understand.
- A concluding paragraph that summarizes 2-3 takeaway points or lessons learned.
- Accurate APA formatting, including in-text citations, a separate title page, and reference page.
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.)
Last Updated on