Assignment Field Experience A: Identifying Instructional Strategies
Max Points: 50
Allocate at least 5 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Choose the secondary grade level and content area you selected for your notebook in Topic 1. Observe and interview your mentor teacher using the following points:
- Identify theory/strategy used in the classroom. Provide examples of the strategies.
- Identify content standards associated with learning objectives.
- Inquire and note any assessments attached to the strategies.
- Identify any accommodations and strategies to fulfill differentiated/informal instruction.
- Inquire about the rationale for the mentor teacher’s lesson. Include a discussion about strategies and applicable assessments.
Once you have completed your field experience, summarize and reflect upon your interview and observations in 250-500 words, comparing your observation notes to each teacher’s instructional choices for the lessons observed. Inform your mentor teacher of your intent to teach a lesson during Topic 4. Add to your digital notebook as necessary.
APA format is required, and solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Document the hours and locations that you spend in the field on your Clinical Field Experience Verification Form.
Submit the Clinical Field Experience Verification Form to LoudCloud in the last topic. Directions for submitting can be found on the College of Education site in the Student Success Center.
Getting Custom Writing Service with any of your academic assignments is easy. Simply click here.