Develop an 8–12 slide PowerPoint presentation accompanied by an audio recording of the presentation that is a maximum 15 minutes. The presentation will focus on an explanation of Meaningful Use Guidelines and how the current HIM system could be optimized to ensure compliance and improved outcomes.
This assessment should be completed first.
Meaningful Use Guidelines play a very important role in guiding and directing the path of health information management (HIM) systems in many health care organizations. Along with Meaningful Use Guidelines, other regulations and quality measures drive how health care organizations choose, implement, and utilize their health information systems. In this assessment, the primary focus will be on meaningful use compliance, quality assurance, and the regulatory environment related to HIM.
Electronic health records (EHR) are playing an important role in improving quality, accessing important patient data, and improving communication amongst providers. They are a very important part of any HIM. However, new incentive programs such as Meaningful Use Guidelines require that health care organizations pay much closer attention to how patient data is gathered, shared, and collected. In this assessment, you will have the opportunity to work through an interactive scenario at a fictitious hospital and assess an EHR system.
You will be tasked with explaining Meaningful Use Guidelines as they relate to the system, making recommendations based on best practices for maintaining meaningful use, and other regulatory compliance.
Electronic Health Records System
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply emerging models or best practices to implement a health information system that improves operations and patient outcomes. (L8.4, L12.2, L14.3)
- Explain Meaningful Use Guidelines and what they mean to an organization’s current state of compliance.
- Analyze how an electronic health record system could improve the quality of care, simplify existing processes, and improve patient outcomes.
- Competency 2: Analyze administrative, clinical, management, and decision-support information technology tools. (L12.1, 12.2, 14.3)
- Explain an organization’s current electronic health record system and its data process to meet regulatory guidelines.
- Competency 3: Apply best practices relative to the financial assessments and decisions required for the implementation of health information systems. (L 8.1, 8.2, 8.4)
- Explain best practices for an organization to maintain meaningful use compliance as it relates to current incentive programs and policies.
- Competency 4: Apply evidence to influence buy-in from all stakeholders. (L10.5)
- Recommend evidence-based approaches for implementing new practices for end user functions, training, and ongoing compliance.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in health care administration. (L6.1, L6.2, L6.3, and L6.4)
- Communicate analysis and recommendations of an electronic health records system in a manner that is clear and concise.
- Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Last Updated on July 30, 2019 by EssayPro