Theories of Counseling
Theory Analysis Assignment
Theory: Gestalt Therapy Date:
Do not let your responses to each of these questions be guided or limited by the space between each item below. The space for your answer will automatically expand to accept more narrative. I am looking for no fewer than 2,500 words (including those already on the page) for this Theory Analysis paper including evidence that you know and understand the theory. One word or even one or two sentence answers will not be adequate to answer these questions.
- Who is/are the founder(s) and/or major contributor(s) to this theory?
- Describe the evolution of Gestalt from work of Fritz Perls to contemporary relational approaches.
- Define the philosophy and basic assumptions of underlying Gestalt theory and therapy.
- Identify and describe the key concepts of Gestalt therapy including:
a. here and now
c. dealing with unfinished business
- role of experiments in therapy
- Describe how the I/Thou relationship is central to the use of experiments in the therapy process.
- Describe the role of confrontation in contemporary relational Gestalt therapy.
- Explain these standard Gestalt therapy interventions:
a. role playing
b. future projection
c. making the rounds
d. staying with the feeling
e. working with dreams
f. creating experiments based on here-and –now awareness
- Describe the process of Gestalt therapy from a multicultural perspective.
- Describe each of the concepts below within the “contact and resistance to contact” framework.
- Evaluate the contributions, strengths, and limitations of the Gestalt approach.
Last Updated on July 30, 2019 by EssayPro