Rasmussen Medical Center is building a long term care (LTC) facility (nursing home) that will be connected to the hospital. You have been invited to a planning meeting with the HIM Director who must plan for the patient record system in the new facility. The HIM Director has asked you to prepare a PowerPoint presentation on the differences between an acute care setting and a long term care setting.
What are some of the first things you could do to be sure you understand how medical records might be managed differently in this type of facility? What are some of the obvious differences between a hospital and a long term care facility that will likely affect health information at this facility?
Your presentation should be a minimum of 8 slides (including a Title slide and References slide) and address the following:
- Overview of an acute care facility versus a LTC facility.
- Examples of services that are specific to a LTC facility.
- Differences in chart documentation.
- Differences in health care payers.
- Overview of how medical records might be managed differently in LTC versus an acute care facility.
- Include APA formatted citations for your references.
Last Updated on September 3, 2019 by EssayPro