Written Assignment for Week 4
Used the resources listed in week 4 to assist you in answering these questions-the answers should be used to study for the midterm and final exam.
After answering the questions, please upload to the site listed for the homework assignment.
The first section has to do with delegation, which we will have covered in discussing ethical provisions 4-6. This is a very important part of how you as a nurse will make decisions about patient care and accountability for that care. Nursing school and licensing questions will require that you understand delegation, so please look at this as a very important subject and read and answer for understanding, not just to answer the questions.
Please explain these in your own words as much as possible.
- What is delegation?
- What is supervision?
- What is the meaning of the term unlicensed person?
- What are the 6 criteria that must be addressed by the entity (the organization providing the care) before delegation of nursing tasks can occur.
- What are the 5 criteria that must be met before delegation can occur.
- What additional criteria are covered by sections C and D
- What assessment is required prior to delegation?
- What is involved in supervision of delegated tasks?
- What nursing tasks cannot be delegated?
Using the Ethical and Legal Issues Power point, answer the following
(There is more information on this power point than we will use in NSG 100. NSG 110 will address legal issues and will not be duplicated here. But legal and ethical issues can be intertwined. Your focus for this class is the questions below.
- What is an ethical dilemma?
- What are you learning as a student in NSG 100 that you can use to address an ethical dilemma?
- Identify the current ethical issues we are currently facing
- What are the 4 elements that must be proven in a case of malpractice?
- Identify critical ethical and legal patient-oriented issues.
Using the Code of Ethics power point and your book,
- List each provision and the sentence that description of each provision
- Based on what we have discussed so far in class and your review of the power point, describe one dilemma you think you might encounter in nursing that you would depend on this code to address. (This does not need to be long and involved, but what situation do you think you might have to face as a nurse that you could think back to this class and use what you have learned to address it.)
Last Updated on June 16, 2019 by EssayPro