You are the leader of a team providing care for 6 clients. Your team includes yourself (an RN, an LPN/LVN, and a newly hired UAP/CNA who is undergoing orientation for the unit. The client are as follows:
1. Mr. C a 68-year old with unstable angina who needs teaching for a cardiac catheterization scheduled this morning.
2. Ms.J , a 45 year old, experiencing chest pain scheduled for a graded exercise test later today.
3. Mr. R, a 75 year old who had a left hemisphere stroke 4 days ago.
4. Ms. S, an 83 year old with heart disease, a history of Myocardial infarction and mild dementia.
5. Ms. B a 93 year old newly admitted from a long-term care facility with decreased urine output, altered level of consciousness and elevated temperature of 99.5F (37.5C)
6. Mr.L a 59 year old with mild shortness of breath and chronic emphysema.
You will be provided with a case study for the Delegation Assignment.
Approach this assignment as if you are the RN tasked with delegating the care of the patients listed in the scenario. Think for a minute about your personal strengths and challenges regarding delegation (as a new nurse).
Please address the following delegation issues with regard to the case study
Explain how the Principles of Delegation would guide your delegation of care for the patients identified in the case study.
Provide support/rationales for your decisions about delegating the care of these patients (include citations**)
Identify what you perceive as the barriers (actual/potential) to your ability to effectively delegate.
Identify the tasks/responsibilities that would be the easiest to delegate/ and why?
As you write, focus on the delegation principles/process from the lens of nursing leadership/management. Keep patient diagnosis/descriptions brief (you may refer to them as Ms. A or Mr. R …). You don’t have to speak to each individual patient description- find 4 from the group listed in your case study that best exemplifies the need to delegate.
As always, please reach out as needed.
Cover Page- (APA format), Headings (APA format), Reference Page (APA format), APA (6th edition)
Develop a scholarly paper that addresses the following criteria:
1. The student will be assigned a case study.
2. Using the delegation 5 rights, the student will write about the rules of delegation and barriers to delegation.
3. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 3 to 4 pages excluding the title and reference page.
4. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
5. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
6. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
7. Include a minimum of 3 professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
8. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
9. Submit the assignment to Turnitin Direct prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes.
10. Submit to the Assignment Drop Box by the posted due date.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro