In preparation for the Worldview Paper you will be equipped to respond by objectively compiling information from a variety of sources to compose a Worldview Paper; applying critical thinking strategies; identifying informal logical fallacies commonly used in argumentation; defining the term worldview; and identifying components of a biblical/Christian worldview.
Before you begin writing your paper, you should first consider which formatting style you will be using. In this course, you are allowed to choose the one that you are more familiar with, or the one that will ultimately be the style most often used within your major.
This is a research paper, not a Discussion Board Forum, so it is required that your paper will be formatted and cited using one of the following styles: current APA, MLA, or Turabian.
1. Cover page – This is the first page to be included in your paper (Based on the formatting style that you will be using, see the sample papers in Blackboard).
a. APA: For this course, a Summary or Abstract is not required.
b. MLA: This format does not require a title page, but does require a specific format for student information.
2. Content pages – These pages will contain your content and fulfill the requirements as listed below.
a. Complete the minimum word count for each Part (I, II, and III).
i. Do NOT include the question as part of your word count.
ii. Direct quotations must be short and limited.
iii. Include your word count at the bottom of each section of the paper (Part I, II, and III).
iv. NOTE: Submissions totaling fewer than two hundred fifty words will not receive credit.
b. Quotations and material used from other sources must be cited using current APA, MLA or Turabian format. You must include in-text citations and a Bibliography/Reference or Works Cited page.
c. Check your work for spelling and grammatical errors.
d. Be sure to do your own work, do not plagiarize.
3. Bibliography/References/Works Cited page
a. In addition to the in-text citations, a Bibliography/Reference or Works Cited page must be included.
b. A minimum of 3 different sources is required.
i. Use academic sources for your paper. (For example, do not include blogs, social media, opinion pages, or Wikipedia.)
ii. At least 2 of the sources must be outside of the materials used in this course (this would include the Bible, any required reading or videos, and the required textbooks).
c. Use correct APA, MLA, or Turabian style.
1. Fulfill the requirements as listed above.
2. Answer the following questions in 3 clearly separate parts (I, II, and III).
I. Part I: (fifty word minimum)
What is a worldview? Define what the term “worldview” means. Use descriptive phrases to support your definition.
II. Part II: (three hundred word minimum)
Articulate the biblical/Christian worldview (what is believed) for each of the following 5 questions. Give 2 relevant scripture references for each of the five questions below (do not write out the verses) to support why it is believed. Each of the 5 questions must be answered in a separate paragraph.
1. The Question of Origin – (How did life begin? How did mankind come into existence?)
2. The Question of Identity – (What does it mean to be human? Are humans more important than animals?)
3. The Question of Meaning/Purpose – (Why does mankind exist? Why do I exist?)
4. The Question of Morality – (What is meant by right and wrong? How should I live?)
5. The Question of Destiny – (Is there life after death? What will happen to me when I die?)
*An overview of these specific worldview questions can be found in chapter 4 of Finding Your Worldview: Thinking Christianly about the World
III. Part III: (one hundred word minimum)
Referring specifically to how biblical worldview beliefs influence your answer, choose only 2 of these:
How might/should a biblical worldview influence the way you…
1. …think about, treat, and speak to others on a daily basis?
2. …vote in local or national elections?
3. …treat/interact with the environment and non-human creation?
4. …decide on a future career (what you will choose and/or how you will carry it out)?