- All sources and references (including lecture notes, reading assignments, video assignments, and external sources) should be listed with full information.Readings: https://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/definition…
And please see the attached fileYou should provide at least 2 sources per question.
- Define two communication technologies: (a) WiFi (one paragraph) and (b) Cellular Network (one paragraph)
- Compare WiFi standards: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac with Range and Speed – one table.
- Compare the evolution of cellular networks (cell phone): 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G with Data Transfer Speed (download speed) – one table.
- What is your ISP (internet service provider) speed at home? What is your WiFi standards with your router at home? What is your (or your family/friend’s) phone’s data speed? Compare your ISP and phone’s data speed.
- With your ISP speed, how many books you can download in 1 min? You can assume there are 500,000 characters (500 KByte) in a book of 250 pages, counting the spaces.
- BPS means bits per second.
- 8 bits is 1 byte.
- 10 Mbps means 10 mega bits per second – 10,000,000 bits per second
- 10,000,000/8bits = 1,250,000 bytes (characters)
Last Updated on