Assignment 2: Waterfall and Agile
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
Research agile methodologies including SCRUM and extreme programming (XP).
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Explain waterfall methodologies and identify their relationship to the PMBOK® process groups.
- Explain agile methodologies and identify their relationship to the PMBOK® process groups.
- Analyze the need for waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Explain the advantages of extreme programming (XP) and analyze the advantages of its application in high-budget short-time projects.
- Explain the factors to consider when selecting a project management methodology (Waterfall vs Agile).
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify how project management improves the success of information technology projects.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT project management.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in IT project management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.
Last Updated on February 10, 2019 by EssayPro