As you reflect on previous conversations with Rae Marie regarding her new role as the Vice President of Operations for MyShoppingSpreeTV, you remember her calling you to question her earlier career success and doubting her current leadership capabilities needed in her new role. For several years she had been a successful manager for another company in which you worked at together years ago. You witnessed her previous successes and have confidence in her leadership.
A change in leadership is a significant organizational transition for all employees. After all, responsibility for group effectiveness is not only on the leader’s shoulders, but it is shared by the group. However, creating the right team is a responsibility of the leader. In your discussion with Rae Marie, you shared that research suggests that some individuals are better suited to work and lead in a collaborative team environment. After this discussion, you are prompted to become aware of the characteristics of effective teams and the dimensions of team leadership.
Write a 1000 – 1500-word essay that covers the following:
- Identify and analyze the characteristics of effective teams.
- Discuss and analyze the need for leaders to monitor both the internal and external environments of a team.
- Include in your essay a response to the following:
- What are the dimensions of team leadership?
- What is team leadership? What are and include examples of situations where it is frequently used?
Cite all references in a reference list. Be sure to reference all sources using APA format. For more information on APA, please visit the APASTYLE Lab.