Evaluate the use of technology in the healthcare field for optimization of the customer experience
You are a healthcare manager at Kensington Family Practice, a local physicians’ office that oversees the care of patients of all ages. Kensington Family Practice is known for putting patients first and providing care with a smile. As the clinical staff are primarily general practitioners, specialized services, such as cardiology, are provided through the larger hospital system.
Kensington Family Practice has been in business for decades, and many of its systems have not changed over the years. You have been asked to explore ways in which technology could be used to optimize the patient experience and report back to the administrative team so it can decide whether to invest in new technology for the practice.
For this project, you must submit the following:
To share your feedback on whether or not Kensington Family Practice should invest in new technologies, you have been asked to develop a clear, concise executive summary.
Specifically, you must address the following:
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of investing in automation and system integration for patients and employees?
- What are key considerations for investing in automation technologies?
- How would investing in automation and system integration enhance healthcare practices?
- How could automation technologies be leveraged to have maximum impact on organizational outcomes such as the following?
- Security and confidentiality
- Positive patient experience
- Quality of care
- In conclusion, would you recommend that Kensington Family Practice invest in automation and system integration? Why or why not?
Executive Summary Develop a concise 500- to 1,000-word summary that outlines the benefits, considerations, and opportunities for automation in the healthcare environment.