Check out and read the Internet Resources for Unit 2 from COURSE MATERIALS.
- Based on the feedback from students in this week’s discussion and from your facilitator, choose the topic for your research paper. Write down your working thesis and an introductory paragraph for your research paper.
- List 5 resources you have found for your paper. Put each resource in APA or MLA format. Label the type of resource you found: a book, article, website, etc. There must be one resource from each of these areas:
- Magazine or journal article
2. Book or Reference book
3. Video/DVD/audio tape/television program/interview
5. Newspaper, pamphlet or brochure
- Use a Website source you have found for your research paper and write a short essay where you evaluate the Website according to the criteria in your textbook, Chapter 29, on page 338. Page 339 gives an example of an evaluation. Make sure you include the specific URL of the Website so that your facilitator can link to it. Cover all of the following criteria:
Balance or Bias
Quality of Information
Quality of Writing and Design
In your journal, summarize the processes you are using to take notes on the research information for your paper. Be specific. For example, you are probably using a different process for magazine articles than you are for Websites. Also answer the question, ‘What is the most surprising thing you have found out about your research topic so far.
Question 5 has a different reading. This question must 250 words or more with 2 references one from the book and one from the bethel university Library.
- 5. When we write a draft of our research, we need to begin to organize our thoughts and line of thinking in a logical way. Discuss various ways of arranging supporting ideas on topics.