- What are the four components of IT governance?
- Discuss two ways that IT can be used to improve the competitive position of a healthcare institution.
- What are the five questions that an organization relies on IT governance to answer?
- What are the four main functions of IT governance?
- Explain why you think IT governance is static or dynamic?
- Pick one of the four ‘characteristics’ of IT governance and say, in a paragraph, why it is more important than the others.
- List 7 IT department responsibilities.
- Why is feedback from users important on IT projects?
- Why might inattention to infrastructure result in unstable applications?
- Why is it important to have a long term IT renewal plan?
- How can IT be a deterrent to innovation?
- List the five core structures for governing IT.
- What are integrators?
- Differentiate between capital and operating budgets.
- Discuss the four steps in IT budget development.
- Why is careful planning and management of IT projects so important?
- List the 12 reasons IT Projects may fail.
- What are three ways that management can avoid these mistakes?
- Discuss one of the five management behaviors found in leaders of successful IT Projects.
- What does it mean to say that IT can be used to leverage organizational processes?
- How can IT be used to leverage continuous improvement.
ICD-10 Training Tool Exercises
- List the titles of the three volumes of ICD-10.
- How many chapters are found in Volume 1?
- What is Golden Coding Rule Number 1?
- What is Golden Coding Rule Number 2?
- What is Golden Coding Rule Number 3?
- What is Golden Coding Rule Number 4?
- What is the meaning of the term NOS?
- What is the meaning of the term NEC?
- List the four parts of Volume 3.
- What do the index entries found in Volume 3 consist of?
- .In Volume 3, what are terms in round brackets called?
- What does an ICD-10 code with a dash in place of the fourth character indicate?
Do some research on the HIPAA Security Rule. Discuss the impact of these security regulations on healthcare organizations. How have these regulations impacted the way organizations view security? Do you think the regulations are too stringent? Not stringent enough? Just right? Explain your rationale.
Make an initial post of 300-500 words. Once you have completed your initial post, provide a response to the posts of at least two classmates by the assignment due date. Scoring of this assignment will be in accordance with the Discussion Board Grading Rubric contained in the course syllabus
Hands on : open EMR simulations ;This set of four hands-on simulations, created by Bellevue College in Washington State, covers the basic elements of EHR use in a clinical setting, including:
- Appointment Scheduling
- Clinical Intake
- Clinical Assessment
- Basic EMR Administration
Complete each of the four OpenEMR simulations described in the OpenEMR Simulations hands-on activity described above. As you complete the assessment activity at the end of each simulation, take a screenshot of the results page and save it on your computer.
To receive full credit for this homework assignment, you should attain a score of at least 80% on all four simulation assessments. There is no limit on the number of times you attempt each simulation.
Attach all four of the screenshots for the OpenEMR simulations assessments and submit by the due date/time.
Last Updated on May 4, 2019 by EssayPro