Develop a training plan for one of the role groups in the organization that will be responsible for implementing practice guidelines under the new organizational policy you presented in Assessment 3. Prepare an agenda for a two-hour workshop, and summarize your strategies for working with this group, the expected outcomes of the training, and why you chose this group to pilot the change.
Note: Each assessment in this course builds on the work you completed in the previous assessment. Therefore, you must complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
Training and educating those within an organization who will be responsible for implementing and working with changes in organizational policy is a critical step in ensuring that prescribed changes have their intended benefit. A leader in a health care profession needs to be able to apply effective leadership, management, and educational strategies to ensure that colleagues and subordinates will be prepared to do the work that is asked of them. This assessment offers you an opportunity to develop and implement such strategies.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Competency 2: Analyze relevant health care laws and regulations and their applications and effects on processes within a health care team or organization.
- Describe changes to policy or practice guidelines to be implemented in an organization.
Competency 3: Lead the development and implementation of ethical and culturally sensitive policies that improve health outcomes for individuals, organizations, and populations.
- Identify training activities and materials that support learning and skill development and prepare a specific group to successfully apply a new policy or practice guidelines to its work.
- Justify the importance of an institutional policy or practice guidelines to improve the quality of care or outcomes related to a specific group.
Competency 5: Develop strategies to work collaboratively with policy makers, stakeholders, and colleagues to address environmental (governmental and regulatory) forces.
- Develop strategies for engaging with a specific group to ensure buy in, support, and preparedness to implement changes in policy and practice guidelines.
- Advocate for the importance of the role a specific group will play in implementing changes in policy and practice guidelines.
Competency 6: Apply various methods of communicating with policy makers, stakeholders, colleagues, and patients to ensure that communication in a given situation is professional, clear, efficient, and effective.
- Interpret complex policy considerations or practice guidelines for a specific group with respect and clarity.
- Write clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Integrate relevant sources to support arguments, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Last Updated on