Chapter I Introduction: (15 pg)
- Research background
- The importance of the research?
- Research objective
- The difference in the cost increase.
- The difference characteristic between planned and unplanned readmission.
- The mechanism of planned readmission.
- The timing of phone follow up call impact after discharge on readmission.
- Definitions for Readmission (Unplanned readmission), Chronic condition, Planned readmission,
- Dissertation Organization ( this part must explain the whole plan not more than 1 pg and will be done later after finishing chapter III )
Chapter II Review of literature:(25 pg) (this chapter must be publishable with abstract 1 pg)
State the method of lit review search including the criteria (include only studies for adults 18+) .
- Step 1 of the literature review is to find studies linking incidence of the following chronic conditions acute myocardial infarction (AMI), heart failure (HF), and pneumonia (PN) with the following comorbidities asthma, diabetes, and depression. (all or one)
- Step 2 of the literature review is to find all studies related to the possible research questions stated below.
- What is timing-of-readmission impact on readmission rate and cost?
- Does the comortbities increase the chance for patient with chronic conditions to be readmitted to the hospital after discharge? In what extent?
- What is the difference in the cost increase?
- Different characteristic between planned and unplanned readmission?
- What is the mechanism of planned readmission?
- What is the timing of phone follow up call after discharge on the readmission rate?
- Does the comortbities increase the chance for patient with chronic conditions to be readmitted more than within a year from initial discharge?
- Gaps in literatures:
Emphasize the gaps clearly in “timing of readmission”.
Discuss based in what the readmission time frame stated within 30 days? why it is not 3 weeks or 6 weeks.
Chapter III Methods and Measures: (20)
Later will be decided Based on review à designed for retrospective data.
Chapter IV Result and Analyses:
Chapter V Conclusion: