Guidelines for completing this assignment
- Choose a topic or intervention related to Behavior Analysis that has had research completed and published
- Note: It does NOT have to be a topic that we’ve covered in this class. We’ve barely scratched the surface of ABA in our class, as it’s a very deep science, and there are plenty of topics to choose from.
- It’s recommended that you look at some ideas from the Cooper et al book that was required for this class.
- Topics must be fairly specific. For instance, Differential Reinforcement is probably too broad, while Differential Reinforcement of Other behaviors to reduce repetitive behaviors would be appropriate.
- You must use at least 5 sources, and at least two of those sources must be from a journal no more than 5 years old.
- Three must be journal articles, and you can use the Cooper et al book as one of your sources.
- Using the following journals is highly recommended.
- The Behavior Analyst
- Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis
Also read: Classroom Behavior Strategies
iii. Behavior Analysis in Practice
- Journal of Organizational Behavior Management
- Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior
- Explain topic and intervention, and how it can be utilized in ABA
- Provide examples of usage
- Populations it can be used with if applicable
- What it means, in your opinion, to the field of ABA
- What questions still exist regarding the topic/intervention
- Paper must use appropriate citations and APA format
- Must be at least 1,250 words and submitted electronically (details will be provided in class)
- Due November 30, 2020 by the beginning of class (4:40pm). Papers submitted late will automatically have 50% of the available points deducted, and this will be strictly enforced.
- Must get approval for your topic by November 2nd at the beginning of class.
- A powerpoint presentation (or similar), must also be completed and submitted electronically to the professor via email. You will need to complete a presentation including audio, but not necessarily video presenting the information in the powerpoint created. This should be at least 5 minutes in length and no more than 10 minutes in length.
- If you need accommodations or would like an alternative to the presentation, please see me to discuss.
|Item||Total Points Available|
|Topic chosen by 11/2/20||2|
|Citations, APA format, and appropriate sources submitted by 11/16/20||3|
|Provide examples of usage in field||3|
|Purpose, importance, and what you think it means to the practice of ABA. Why is it a good strategy, or why isn’t it?||5|
|Questions that still exist about the topic/intervention? What still needs to be researched in your opinion?||4|
|Powerpoint and Presentation||8|