Discussion 1. (THEORY DISCUSSION)
Identify a behavior you might want to modify with behavior modification procedures. Typical examples are losing weight, quitting smoking, persisting at a daily exercise program, developing a nightly homework routine, and so on.
- Identify the behavior you might want to modify. <<<<< Persisting at a daily exercise program>>>>
- Discuss your behavior and proposed modification program using theoretical concepts including the concepts of Baseline Period. ( You must discuss your proposed program by referring to the theory and pertinent researchers in the field.) DO NOT DESIGN YOUR PROGRAM IN THIS DISCUSSION.
- Your discussion must be rigorously presented
Discussion 2. (PREPARATORY APPLICATION)
- Collect data about the frequency and conditions surrounding the behavior you wish to modify during this week’s (5-7 day) baseline period. ( baseline = behavior prior to modification including time, frequency, rates, etc. EX: I stop and eat donuts everyday during the week when I am on the way to school. I purchase 1-3 donuts and eat them while I am driving). BE SPECIFIC. YOU MUST OBSERVE AND RECORD YOUR DATA!
- Present your baseline period data at the end of the week.
- Design a program to deal the behavior you have chosen using a behavior. modification procedure. Ex: institute a reward and punishment system (for example, no socializing if you have not done your homework, a treat if you do not smoke during a 24‑hour period).
Last Updated on April 16, 2020 by Essay Pro