Role of managerial accounting
Analyze the in two parts. Part I will provide a general overview of managerial accounting. Part II will provide examples of how managerial accounting theories and principles are applied in the business world. You may find it helpful to reflect upon own professional experiences for examples.
Part I (3-4 pages)
Present the following:
• Definition of managerial accounting
• Role of managerial accounting and the management accountant in a business or organization
• Ethical issues/concerns for the management accountant
• General description of at least three managerial accounting techniques available and their application within a business or organization
Part II (4-6 pages)
Select at least three of the five topics identified below:
• Cost Management Techniques
• Costing Methods
• Capital Investment Decision Techniques
• Quality Control
For each topic selected present real world examples of the application of managerial accounting techniques within a business or organization. Examples may be gathered from your own professional experiences or from case studies obtained from credible sources. Presentation of each example should include how a managerial accounting technique was applied in the business or organization’s decision-making model. Be sure to support your example with calculations when applicable.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro