Before beginning the group project, review the Group Project Overview.
By the end of this unit as a group, your group must provide a detailed answer and justification to each of the following questions:
- Product or service: what product or service has the team has chosen?
- Market and customer: what is the estimated size of the market/customer base for your product/service market and what are the customer drivers (order winning and qualifying factors)?
- Process Type: what type of manufacturing or service process do you consider most appropriate?
- Layout Type: what type of layout do you consider most appropriate?
- Facility Location: what location do you consider adequate for the facilities where the product or service is performed?
- Process Technology: what process technologies do you consider adequate for your product/service?
- Product / Service and Process Design: what elements of the design process do you think are more relevant given your product/service?
- Work and Job Design: what elements do you consider important to the design of the job and work required to manufacture your product or offer your service?
See chapters 3 and 10 in the Operations Strategy text for reference purposes. Talk to the instructor if you have questions.