Using the text as a resource and internet research, identify two evidence-based programs designed to prevent the same phenomenon or condition. Below are some examples:
Multisystemic Therapy (MST) and The Midwestern Prevention Program have both been identified by the United States Department of Justice as having been proven effective in preventing violence.
Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Relapse Prevention have both been identified by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration as having been proven effective in preventing substance abuse.
In an essay 8-10 pages in length, address the following:
- Explain the chief components of both prevention programs, including services offered, staff involved, and duration of services or treatments recommended, for example.
- Explain the major differences between both programs.
- Determine the specific populations best suited for each program and describe why one program may be better suited for certain populations or groups over the other program.
- Describe how gender and culture may impact the provision of services.
Your Portfolio Project must include the following:
- Cover page in APA format
- Body of Paper
- Reference list in APA format
Discuss and cite the course textbook and at least four credible or scholarly sources to support your analysis and positions. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find scholarly sources.
Your paper should be 8-10 pages in length, with citations. Format the paper per the APA Requirements.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro