Portfolio Assignment Workbook
Your portfolio should be built up and completed within this document.
Further details of the work required is provided via the Business Simulation Task Sheets made available via Bb.
This workbook should capture your work on the following tasks:
1. Task 1: What prepayment, accrual and provision are required for your business at 31st December 2031? (Pass/fail: worth 2% of module mark).
2. Task 2: Calculate the selected financial ratios for your business for 2031. (Pass/fail: worth 2% of the module mark).
3. Task 3: Perform a relevant cost analysis of the special new order received in 2033 (Graded: worth 20% of the module marks).
4. Task 4: Prepare a budget for your business for 2034 based on your team’s 2034 decisions (Pass/fail: worth 2% of the module mark).
5. Task 5: Perform variance analysis and identify which 3 variables have changed during 2034 and record how they have changed. (Pass/fail: worth 2% of the module mark).
6. Task 6: Perform a profitability analysis for the 2 models of robots. (Pass/fail: worth 2% of the module mark).
7. Task 7: Provide a critical reflection on what you have learned during the module. Drawing on specific examples and events arising during the business simulation exercise, critically reflect on what you have learned regarding:
• The application of accounting tools to assist with management decision making
• The uses and limitations of accounting information
• The implications of these limitations on the managerial decision-making process. (Graded: worth 20% of the module mark).
Record your 6-digit candidate number here
Record the Business Simulation World you competed in here (World 1, 2, 3 or 4)
Record your team name here (Androids, Bionic Sciences, Cybernauts, Domo, Electroserve or Fujisaki)
Task 1: Accounting Treatments
Complete the table below to record the prepayment, accrual and provision required for your business at 31st December 2031:
Record the prepayment required here:
Record the accrual required here:
Record the provision required here:
Task 2: Provide the selected financial ratios for your business for 2031
Record here the missing financial ratios for your business for 2031:
Selected 2031 Ratios
Return on capital employed %
Operating profit margin %
Revenue on capital employed
Gearing ratio %