Police Body Camera Research Proposal
This Portfolio Project is scenario-based. In this scenario, you have been hired as a research consultant by a police department to develop a research proposal. The research proposal is to study the impact of the police department’s officers wearing body cameras. The police officers have not started to use the body cameras yet; they are waiting on your research proposal, and they are willing to implement the use of the body cameras as a part of the research design. The police chief explains to you that the reason that the police department has decided to have their police officers wear body cameras is due to use of force complaints by citizens.
You will need to complete the following sections of the research proposal:
- An introduction providing some preliminary information on the brief history of this issue and some relevant current events (two pages). Develop a research question.
- A literature review on five current (last five years) research studies on the topic to include the research methods used and the findings of the research (five pages).
- A methods section in which you identify and support the research design, identify and support one quantitative method that will be used, identify and support one qualitative method that will be used, identify which type of mixed method design, and describe how the triangulation of these two methods will help to better answer the research question. Identify any potential ethical issues. You will really need to show how the research methods that you propose are best suited to answer the research question you created.
- Your project should be supported by 7-10 scholarly resources.
- If you use in-text citations, then you must also have a Reference page. Be sure your citations and references adhere to APA standards