Respond to two or more of your colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Classmate 1: (Deborah)
Performance Management and Metrics
Effective performance management is critical to the success of organizations. Correctly implemented, performance management can measure and improve the capabilities and behaviors of its employees. It is a continuous process to identify, measure, and develop employee performance while aligning performance with the organization’s strategic goals (Aguinis, 2013).
As part of this process, employees are evaluated to measure their performance against the performance standards, or metrics, of the job. This employee evaluation is influential in determining if an employee’s skill set is appropriately matched to the employee’s job and the work performance is based on behaviors that support the organization’s goals (Koopmans et al. 2011). these performance metrics are key to tracking how well employees are performing.”
Classmate 2: (Brandi)
Quarterly and Annual Reviews
Since I have been employed with USAA our quarterly reviews are set up to monitor and show growth in your current position. You are always given some area to focus on as well as set goals for career development. You are reviewed on Member Satisfaction (MSAT), Compliance, Technical Adherence (the ability to adhere to your schedule and be available for our members).
The metrics are very relevant to the work we do and the organizations mission statement. Now for the annual review it is done usually February of the following year and the organization and your manager are both looking for growth and improvement. They look to see if in the coaching sessions and the quarterly reviews if you implement any of that feedback and how much growth they see. The metrics are vital to the business that we handle.
This for me shows that USAA is using a combination of the behaviors and results approach. The behaviors approach emphasizes what the employee does on the job and doesn’t consider the traits. (Aguinis, 2013) This approach is directly related to our member satisfaction score.
Now the results approach is defined as an emphasis on the outcomes and results produced by the employee. (Aguinis, 2013) The results approach is directly related to our compliance, technical and adherence metrics. The metrics chosen for measurement of the individual performer allows the accountability to fall on the employee. The employee has more control over these metrics that are chosen except for the member satisfaction. ”
Last Updated on July 18, 2019 by EssayPro