The research paper will have seven sections of management information systems concepts and should be a minimum of 1,500 words in length. Students should include responses to address the associated questions organized by section.
- A detailed definition of management information systems – What is the definition of a Management Information System (MIS)? What is the purpose of utilizing management information systems in a business environment?
- Evolution of management information systems – How have management information systems evolved with the changes in the business environment?
- Management information system elements – What elements are included in a management information system?
- Competitive advantage(s) and benefits of implementing management information systems in business – Why do businesses employ management information systems to manage business operations and provide management with information? How does the company use management information systems to realize a competitive advantage?
- Management information systems implementation – *How does a business implement a management information system? What are the advantages and benefits of implementing a management information system?
- Departmental/specialized use of management information systems – *Why do businesses utilize departmental/specialized management information systems?
- Privacy issues and concerns when utilizing management information systems – What are some examples of privacy issues that become a concern when a business utilizes management information systems?
Sources for locating the information system(s) employed by a company may include the company’s corporate website, LinkedIn SlideShare website (which details a company’s profile and information systems), corporate SEC filings, and public corporate documents on information system projects and implementation.
You may refer to the course material for supporting evidence, but you must also use at least three credible, outside sources and cite them using APA format. Please include a mix of both primary and secondary sources, with at least one source from a scholarly peer-reviewed journal.
Last Updated on March 31, 2020 by EssayPro