TASK 2 INSTRUCTIONS
PRECISELY, follow the directions listed below to complete Task 2. Place a check mark next to each number and bullet point to ensure that ALL information is included in your paper.
Based upon discussions in this course related CHOICES with the:
- Cycle of Value
- Cycle of Waste
- Ladder of Listening
- Observations vs. Evaluations
- Needs and Emotions
- Conversations Meter
In a WORD DOCUMENT, you will write a paper that refers to a personal conversation you have had that created DISTRUST for you. This conversation could have taken place via email, text, face to face or phone.
Please answer EACH question below:
- In this section, you will write about a conversation that created DISTRUST for you.
- HOW did this conversation take place (email, phone, etc.)?
- Describe WHAT happened and what was said during the conversation
- WHAT language/words were used that created distrust
- WHAT behavior either verbal/non-verbal was used to create distrust
- HOW did you feel after this conversation was over
- WHAT did YOU say during the conversation that was a point of agreement or disagreement
- Explain HOW the conversation ended. HOW did your actions add to the ending of that conversation
- WHAT communication strategy above would you choose to encourage value conversations in the future
- HOW did this conversation impact your relationship with this person?
- In this section, talk about how you will ensure future conversations are in the Cycle of Value rather than the Cycle of Waste.
- Thinking of your STRENGTHS and WEAKNESSES what strategy will you use to improve your interactions with others?
- Keep in the mind the above concepts/tools learned in this course.
HOW will you demonstrate leadership abilities by building value and trust both personally and professionally?